The goal of the South Dakota chapter of Operation Military Kids (OMK) is to support the children and youth who have a parent or parents who serve in the National Guard and Reserve. The South Dakota OMK state team has four main goals:
- To raise awareness of military kids,
- To build community capacity to deliver outreach services,
- To implement outreach support services, and
- To provide OMK Ready, Set, Go! Training to educators and outreach groups who will come into contact with military kids.
We would also like to recognize our OMK partners in South Dakota:
- U.S. Army Children and Youth Services (Active and Reserve Components) and Cooperative State Research Education and Extension Services (CSREES)
- 4-H * Boys & Girls Club of America (BGCA)
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC)
- The American Legion
- South Dakota Department of Education
Thank you for visiting our website. If you have any questions about our mission or would like to contribute to this unique program, please see the contact information below.